One of the questions I hear most often from those who have never experienced microblading is, will microblading make me bleed?
The honest answer – most likely, yes.
Why microblading makes you bleed?
Microblading is the process of depositing pigment in the uppermost layer of your Dermis, the dermal papillae, with a blade made up of needles. The blade makes a paper-like cut through the epidermis and the pigment is deposited in the skin, which may cause bleeding.
I don’t want you to worry though; the bleeding I’m talking about here is pin point sized, not blood dripping down your face. How much you bleed completely depends on the elasticity and thickness of the skin.
>> If you’re interested in learning more about the dermis, check this out.
What can your artist do to avoid excessive bleeding?
Prior to the first session, I physically check the elasticity of your skin to make sure that it is firm enough to complete the microblading session. If your skin is very thin or has lost too much collagen, microblading is not the right procedure to fit your needs.
If you are a good candidate for microblading, I do everything I can to minimize the bleeding. I’m very careful with depth, meaning how deep the pigment is deposited in your skin. I also add a specific numbing cream that will help not only keep you comfortable but will also constrict your blood vessels to keep any bleeding limited.
What can the client do to make sure that the microblading session goes well?
Here are a few things to remember for the best overall results from your microblading session and to make sure that any bleeding you experience is kept to a pin point amount.
Prior to your session, please do not consume any alcohol or caffeine. Seriously! This causes more sensitivity and can cause you to bleed more. Do not schedule any chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or other invasive facial treatments prior to your microblading session. Any treatment that thins the skin or makes the skin more sensitive causes a high risk for the skin to rip or tear.
Last but not least, if you are on blood thinners, you are unfortunately not a candidate for microblading. The last thing I want is to create a situation where the procedure could create a potentially serious risk for your health. If this is you and you still want your eyebrows worked out, feel free to connect with me. Microblading may not be an option, but we can chat about alternatives that may be a better fit for your situation.
Retention is also affected when a client is bleeding more than they should be. The blood pushes out the pigment so many of the strokes don’t stay intact. The strokes that do stay, end up healing a little cooler.
It is important for the client and me to work as a team, so we can create the best brows possible!
Read over the contraindications, before, and aftercare before booking your appointment.
When you’re ready, go ahead and book an appointment and we’ll get started on creating the eyebrows for you! I cannot wait to work with you.
Your Kirkland Eyebrow Microblading Professional
Beauclair Beauty Bar
Located in Downtown Kirkland at Mosaic Salon
Here’s how you can reach me:
Our cancellation policy:
- Clients must cancel their appointment before 3 days of your scheduled service.
- Clients agree that the $100 deposit will not be refunded. The 3-day cancellation notice is required to cancel your eyebrow microblading appointment.
Our no-show policy:
- Clients who do not show up to scheduled appointments and fail to notify the business will be charged 100% of their scheduled service.
- If the client wishes to reschedule, a non-refundable $100 deposit will be due before the appointment date.
- Even though consultations and eyebrow microblading touch-up’s do not cost anything, if you do not show up without notifying me, you will be charged $30 dollars because this is time I am losing.
- Clients that are 15 minutes + late to their scheduled appointment may be rescheduled.
- This policy is due to the number of clients that are seen a day, as the eyebrow microblading artist cannot risk running late to following clients.
I am an independent and locally run eyebrow microblading studio. This means I truly respect the time of my clients and of my own. Please consider this when booking. I greatly appreciate it and am so excited to help you on your self-care journey!