READ BEFORE BOOKING. DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
Please read all this information before you book a Microblading or Permanent Makeup session. It is very important you read this information before deciding if this is right for you.
PLEASE BOOK A CONSULTATION IF…
- You are over the age of 50
- You have old permanent makeup
- You have previous Microblading
Consultations ARE required for all that apply. For Microblading and Permanent Cosmetics, you need enough Elasticity in your skin to do the procedure safely. If you have old permanent makeup or Microblading, I may not be able to go over the previous work, so you will need to come in for a consultation to determine if the procedure is right for you.
Consultations are NOT required if you DO NOT have old microblading, permanent makeup, or are younger than the age of 50. You are welcome to schedule a consultation if you want to meet your artist and get questions answered before booking your service. There will be time included during the Microblading procedure to answer any questions before beginning.
YOU ARE NOT A CANDIDATE IF…
- Pregnant of breast feeding
- People who Keloids
- People who have had laser resurfacing in the last year
- People at high risk for infection
- People who have had Botox injections within the last 3 weeks
- If you have been on Accutane in the last year
- People taking blood thinners
- People who have been diagnosed with trichotillomania
- People with immune/auto-immune disorders
- People who have had micro-needling, peels, or laser treatments in the last 2 months
- People who are taking immune suppression medication
- Most people who have had their brows tattooed in the past will be turned away. Please schedule a required consultation if this applies to you.
THE MICROBLADING PROCESS
Microblading is a multi-step process. It will take multiple sessions to get the desired results. Two sessions are typically required to achieve results, but it could take more sessions.
- First session: base layer. This layer adds a little bit more structure to the brow. It will look like a full eyebrow, but there will be a little bit of room between hair strokes to ensure everything heals crisp and individually. Everything will heal softer and some strokes may be lighter than others.
- Second Session: Adds Density. This session is to add density and build up structure of the brow. I will add strokes between the previous ones created and go over any hair strokes that are light or may have been lost. We are slowly layering in pigment, so the brow stays looking crisp and fresh. This adds the detail the brows are lacking.
- Depending on elasticity of the skin, oiliness, sun exposure, exfoliation, and other factors more sessions may be required. Everyone heals and holds ink differently, this means some people may need more sessions.
WHO BENEFITS FROM MICROBLADING
- People who don’t want to take time to apply makeup
- People who have a busy work schedule and are expected to be well groomed
- People who enjoy sports, swimming or the beach
- Those who suffer from alopecia and hair loss from medical treatment
- Those who suffer from bad eye sight and have trouble applying makeup
- Those who don’t like the makeup look or feel of makeup
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
The procedure usually takes 1-2 hours. For eyebrows a lot of time is taken for the consultation, numbing, and drawing on the brow shape. I take extra time drawing on your brows and making sure they are as symmetrical and perfect as you want them. As the expert I draw on a shape that I think will look best with your features and face shape, but I also take into consideration the style you want and will feel most yourself in! I understand that eyebrows are very specific and styled to each person, so I want to help tailor you the perfect brows.
The tattooing portion takes on average 45 to 60 minutes.
When we set up your appointment, we will make sure to leave plenty of time for any questions before we begin!
Keep it hydrated. Keep it fresh. Exfoliating your brows, a week prior helps review new skin to microblade on, which creates better retention. If you have sensitive skin, it may not be necessary. Be intuitive with your body.
- Drinking coffee or caffeine the day of can lead to more discomfort and less blood flow to the area.
- Avoid high intensity workouts 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not drink alcohol or take any medication that will thin your blood like Coumadin and Aspirin 24-48 hours before or after your appointment.
- If you have diabetes, you must be in good health and a doctor’s note is recommended!
- If you have been on Accutane, you must wait until you have been off it for at least a year with a doctor’s note.
- You cannot be on any skin sensitizing or skin drying medications.
- If you are on steroids or Prednisone, you need a doctor’s note.
- If you have been on chemo therapy, you need a doctor’s note.
- If you have any auto-immune or wound healing illness, you need a doctor’s note.
- I require a doctor’s note when needed, I want to make sure you get the desired look you want and that requires making sure your skin is strong enough to give you the awesome results you want.
Aftercare is an essential part in your progress to beautiful brows!
No makeup or skincare within an inch from your brows for the first 14 days. Only the aftercare I give you should be touching your brows the first 14 days after your session. You should be wearing a hat anytime you are outside or in the car for the first 14 days.
I will give you everything you’ll need for your brows while they’re healing. The only products that will be touching your brows while they are healing, are the ones I am providing. The amount of product I give you will easily last both your first and second session.
- Day 1: Before touching your fresh new Brows, WASH YOUR HANDS EVERYTIME. Starting one hour after your appointment, carefully dab your brows every hour until bed time with lightly dampened gauze. Right before bed, gently wash your brows with baby wash. Use room temperature water to lightly wet your brows. Pump a small amount of soap onto your fingertips and make suds, you should no longer feel the soap, just the bubbles. Gently pat the bubbles on your brows for about 10 seconds. Splash rinse and pat dry with clean gauze or tissue. Wait 10 minutes and apply a small amount of aftercare by tapping it on the brows. If they look too saturated, use a tissue to carefully blot the excess.
- Day 2 to 14: Continue with washing both day and night until healed. If you have oily skin, use aftercare only after washing. If you have normal to dry skin apply aftercare throughout the day as needed, when brows feel dry. Do not over use aftercare.
- After day 14: You can start using your makeup and skincare products. You will need to wear sunscreen on your brows every day to avoid discoloration.
Failure to follow aftercare instructions may result in infections, pigment loss or discoloration.
WHATS NORMAL WHEN YOUR SKIN IS HEALING
- Immediately following appointment brows will look red. This will slowly go away in 24-48 hours.
- Brows will darken about two shades in the few days after the procedure. Brows should never scab because you are keeping them sterile and moisturized.
- Brows may flake (NOT SCAB) after a few days, leaving a light pigment. Pigment will slowly push forward through the skin and gain saturation back.
- slightly uneven appearance? After 2-7 days the darkness will fade. Any adjustments that still need to be made will be done at the second session. The procedure has to be completely healed before the second session can take place and this takes at least 6 weeks.
- Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear. This is normal and apart of the process.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST
Microblading is a tattoo and permanent makeup. Pigment fades so touch-ups are required to keep the brows crisp and fresh, but you may have a light residual pigment depending on many different factors including…
- Environmental factors such as exposure to UV light. Tanning and not using protection will fade or discolor cosmetic tattoos faster. USE SPF after procedure
- Your health and overall individual physiology- some people retain pigment very well. It is considered permanent (in eyeliner and very dark browns especially) and you may have some lasting pigment in the skin. Touchup treatments are recommended at 6 weeks and 1 year (as needed or desired).
- The darker pigment used tend to last a lot longer than lighter shades
- The amount of oil your skin produces. Oil breaks down the pigment.
- The amount you exfoliate your skin.
I am extremely passionate about my clients and their health. It is important to make sure you are the right fit for Microblading or Permanent Cosmetics to ensure the best results that you deserve!
For more general information on Microblading, click here or browse through my Blog posts on the subjects.
Your Kirkland Eyebrow Microblading Professional
Beauclair Beauty Bar
Located in Downtown Kirkland at Mosaic Salon
203 Kirkland Avenue, Studio 22
Kirkland, WA 98033
Here’s how you can reach me:
Our cancellation policy:
- Clients must cancel their appointment before 3 days of your scheduled service.
- Clients agree that the $100 deposit will not be refunded. The 3-day cancellation notice is required to cancel your eyebrow microblading appointment.
Our no-show policy:
- Clients who do not show up to scheduled appointments and fail to notify the business will be charged 100% of their scheduled service.
- If the client wishes to reschedule, a non-refundable $100 deposit will be due before the appointment date.
- Even though consultations and eyebrow microblading touch-up’s do not cost anything, if you do not show up without notifying me, you will be charged $30 dollars because this is time I am losing.
- Clients that are 15 minutes + late to their scheduled appointment may be rescheduled.
- This policy is due to the number of clients that are seen a day, as the eyebrow microblading artist cannot risk running late to following clients.
I am an independent and locally run eyebrow microblading studio. This means I truly respect the time of my clients and of my own. Please consider this when booking. I greatly appreciate it and am so excited to help you on your self-care journey!