LASH EXTENSION FAQ
WHAT ARE LASH EXTENSIONS?
Lash extensions are applied one at a time using a glue that is formulated specifically for natural lashes. This glue does not damage natural lashes or irritate the skin. Lash extensions are meant to give a full lash look without the day to day hassle.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Lash extensions typically last a full lash cycle which is around 6 to 8 weeks. However, you want to be getting fills every 2-3 weeks to make sure you lashes stay full.
- Do not curl your lashes curl your lashes before hand
- Do not wear false lashes or waterproof mascara for 3 days prior to receiving lash extensions. Any residue on the lashes can result in poor retention.
- Please arrive to appointment with clean, dry eyes
- You may not wear contact lenses during service, so if you wear contacts, I advise wearing glasses to your appointment
- Avoid Caffeine if it causes you to become jittery. Fluttering Eyes can lead to discomfort or burning
- Wear cozy clothes and be prepared to be laying down with your eyes closed for 2 to 3 hours
First 24-48 hours after service:
- Don’t wet lashes for 24 hours after lashes being applied. It will affect the efficiency of the glue
- Avoid any public Body of water/ wet place including pools, saunas, facials, etc.
- Avoid getting any moisture on lashes while washing your face
- Avoid tanning beds for 48 hours after appointment
- Avoid chemical peels or laser treatments around the eye area
- Avoid touching and picking at your lashes
- Do not wear any makeup the rest of the day to allow your extensions to cure
First 24-48 hours after service:
Make sure to wash your lashes once a day. The biggest myth in the lash extension industry is to not wash your lashes. YOU NEED TO WASH YOUR LASHES. Why? To make sure they don’t become tangled and to get any debris, makeup, and bacteria out of the lash bed to avoid infection. Use both Borboleta Lash Cleanser and Brush Cleaners for upkeep.
You need to brush your lashes. Once or twice a day to detangle them. Best done out of the shower because they are wet and more malleable.
- Do not over brush.
- Do not let shampoo and conditioners run over face when rinsing
- Do not pull/touch/play with your lashes
- Do not use commercial based mascara. Close to fill time you can use mascara that is meant for lash extensions!
- Do not curl your lashes! Your lashes will become damaged. We can always add more curl at your next appointment—Just let me know
- Do not wear eye sleeping masks
- Keep your face away from the oven when you open it—Don’t fringe your lashes!
- Do not use gel eyeliner “pomades”
Liquid liner and pencil are okay, if you can sleep on your back stay away from oil products around the eyes. This being said, your skin is more important than the longevity of your lashes. If you live an all-natural life style and use oil-based products around the eye, it’s okay! Try to let the products sink into the skin before you to go bed so less is likely to get on the lashes. The retention of your lashes may not be as long as it would have, but it is important to live a life that you can also maintain.
We do all that we can, but we can’t be perfect. I ask that you keep your lashes clean, detangled, and don’t stress! The small stuff like skincare products and sleeping on your back shouldn’t keep you up at night worried, live your life first.
If you have any questions of concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
PRICING for Initial Service
Classic // Full: $180
~90 to 95% of natural lashes will be lashed to create a full and dramatic look. About 150-200 lashes will be applied to each eye. This service allows for 3 hours.
Combination // Classic and Volume Lashes: $250
~90 to 95% of natural lashes will be lashed. Volume lashes help create a very beautiful fluffy and wispy look. This service allows for 3 hours.
Additional Time May be Needed
If there is additional time needed and there is no conflict with other guests, guest will be charged every 30 minutes over the original time scheduled. This can occur if a guest has more than a normal amount natural lashes. This $$ will be applied at the end of the service.
- Classic // Full: $40 for every 30 minutes over 3 hours
- Combination // Classic and Volume: $45 for every 30 minutes over 3 hours
LASH FILLS: Normally done every 2 weeks
Fresh: 7-10 day Fill
This is for the client that always wants their lashes on point – this service allows for 45 minutes
- Classic // Full: $40
- Combination // Classic and Volume: $50
Standard: 2-week Fill
Two weeks is the standard time to get your lashes filled
- Classic // Full: $75
- Combination // Classic and Volume: $85
Extended: 3-week Fill
- Classic // Full: $100
- Combination // Classic and Volume: $115
- If you book the 4th week then we will adjust pricing day of service according to number of lashes left. Any bookings after the 4th week is considered a new set.
- CLASSIC LASHES VS. VOLUME LASHES
- Classic Lash Extensions is the method of bonding one natural lash with one synthetic lash. The synthetic lash is about the same width as the natural lash and is never more than double the length or width of the natural lash.
- When doing Volume Lashes the lash artist is bonding 2+ synthetic lashes to one natural lash, but these lashes are extremely thin, normally not weighing as much as a classic lash extension.
- Both Classic Lash Extensions and Volume Lash Extensions will bring attention to the eye and make everyday life so much easier.
- Volume Lash Extensions are nice to add density to sparse lashes or to give the eye a fluffier look.
My favorite look is to mix both Volume Lash Extensions and Classic Lash Extensions because it gives a variety of length and size to each lash making the end results look wispy and natural!