My love for Evan Healy came way before I was fully into natural skincare. I had a friend gift me the Lavender HydroSoul for my birthday and at first I wasn’t found of it. Not because it didn’t work, but because the smell was no where near what I was expecting. I thought it would smell like ‘normal’ lavender, but it smelt so much sweeter. I was put off by it and I seriously had to force myself to use the whole bottle.
After I finished the bottle, I put it in my medicine cabinet, so I could repurpose the bottle. Once I found a purpose for the bottle, I went to grab it and I opened the bottle and the smell that I hated at first, I loved.
The smell is described as “fresh herbal fragrance with honey sweet notes” and couldn’t have thought of a better way to say it myself. When I was expecting the traditional scent of lavender, I was originally disappointed, but now I can’t get enough of the decadently sweet scent.
If I hadn’t read that it was Lavender HydroSoul before I sprayed it, I would have originally loved the scent because I wouldn’t have any expectations of what I thought it should smell like. That fact may be weird, though it’s also true.
Once I had rediscovered the old bottle in my cabinet, I immediately went to purchase a second. The scent and the effects it had on my skin were irresistible at this point. My second bottle quickly
turned into a pile of empties.
Other than the scent, what’s so memorable about this product? HydroSouls in general are great for hydration and delivering antioxidants to the skin. The difference between the Evan Healy HydroSouls and other HydroSouls is there is a lot more time and energy put into the production.
The Evan Healy Difference
Healy Sources all his lavender in batches from small organic farms. They use fresh flowers instead of dry to develop a more densely packed HydroSoul with water-soluble aromatic molecules. At every step of the way, Evan Healy gets the most out of the flower possible. Using the fresh flowers, the HydroSouls are artisan-distilled over 2 to 3 hours at low temperatures.
HydroSouls are normally made with dry flowers and are distilled within 30 to 40 minutes at higher temperatures losing a big amount of the flower benefits.
Benefits of Evan Healy Lavender HydroSoul
- Balances pH and tones skin
- Protects skin from Free Radicals with use of Antioxidants
- Soothes Sensitive skin
- Increases Skin Hydration
- Increases the absorption of other products
Benefits of Lavender
- Calming, anxiety reliever
- Anti-inflammatory; great for redness and irritation
- Anti-aging with abundance of antioxidants
- Natural antiseptic and antibacterial; helps with acne and bacteria
My favorite Ways to Use
- 7 Skin Method
- The 7 Skin method is a popular Korean beauty trend that concentrates on hydrating all skin types.
- I will use the Lavender HydroSoul as a first step in my skincare routine. Its used to tone my face, help spread products I use after, and to help absorption of my other products.
- I love to use this throughout the day to give me an extra boost of hydration or over my makeup to help melt everything back together.
- If my skin is irritated, dry, or red I will use this to help calm and hydrate.
Where to Buy and Price
These are the 3 places I have been able to find Evan Healy.
The Evan Healy Lavender HydroSoul is a great multi-tasker and is a staple in my skincare routine. I am almost never without it and when I am, I regret it. This keeps my skin hydrated and supple, free from flaking. This is a great option for all skin types, especially people with sensitive skin or anyone lacking hydration. Which let’s face it, we could all use a little more hydration. Pick one up for yourself and see if it makes its way into your everyday skincare routine like it has mine!
Other Skincare Blogs
- Why Water and Oil are Important for Healthy Skin
- Do you need a Skin Detox?
- Are you Dry or dehydrated?
Your Kirkland Beauty Professional
Beauclair Beauty Bar
Located in Downtown Kirkland at Mosaic Salon
203 Kirkland Avenue, Studio 22
Kirkland, WA 98033
Here’s how you can reach me: