Two layers of numbing are better than one – especially with microblading. We have talked about my go-to numbing for unopened skin. Now let’s talk about the heavy lifter, the product that makes my clients comfortable and helps me keep any pain associated with the microblading procedure at a minimum.
Zensa, the numbing for unopened skin, works great, but it doesn’t penetrate as deep and only contains lidocaine. It works awesome to keep the client comfortable for the first pass, but sometimes the client can still feel a bit or have pin point bleeding. This is where Blue Gel comes in handy.
Bring on the Blue Gel Numbing!
Blue Gel contains 4 % lidocaine, 2% tetracaine, and .02% epinephrine. These three ingredients penetrate deep and work together to help reduce pain and bleeding. It also helps reduce swelling and bruising, though these aren’t a huge concern with microblading.
After I apply blue gel, people can’t feel a thing! I can tell the ingredients are working not only from client’s feedback, but from the blood vessels constricting around the brow. I visibly see the skin turn white because the blood flow isn’t as strong.
Please keep in mind that I use this product as recommended, so it’s sparingly and applied no more than twice within an hour. In fact, I usually only apply the product once unless I can tell a client is still uncomfortable or if the blood vessels are obviously not constricted.
What brand of Blue Gel Numbing do I use?
There are many different “blue Gels” on the market, but in my opinion, there is no comparison in formula to Face and Body Professionals Inc. I started with Face and Body, but I am all about trying new products to see if I can find something better. I couldn’t. I have tried three other blue gels and they did nothing. And when I say nothing, I mean NOTHING.
I tried Feel Better Now! which contains epinephrine, but I saw no evidence it constricted blood vessels.
During the month that I navigated away from Face and Body, my clients pain levels went up and that’s something I never want. I bought two bottles of my trusted Blue Gel and won’t be looking back.
If you have questions about the products I use or would like to schedule your microblading appointment, please get in touch!
Your Kirkland Eyebrow Microblading Professional
Beauclair Beauty Bar
Located in Downtown Kirkland at Mosaic Salon
203 Kirkland Avenue, Studio 22
Kirkland, WA 98033
Here’s how you can reach me:
Our cancellation policy:
- Clients must cancel their appointment before 3 days of your scheduled service.
- Clients agree that the $100 deposit will not be refunded. The 3-day cancellation notice is required to cancel your eyebrow microblading appointment.
Our no-show policy:
- Clients who do not show up to scheduled appointments and fail to notify the business will be charged 100% of their scheduled service.
- If the client wishes to reschedule, a non-refundable $100 deposit will be due before the appointment date.
- Even though consultations and eyebrow microblading touch-up’s do not cost anything, if you do not show up without notifying me, you will be charged $30 dollars because this is time I am losing.
- Clients that are 15 minutes + late to their scheduled appointment may be rescheduled.
- This policy is due to the number of clients that are seen a day, as the eyebrow microblading artist cannot risk running late to following clients.
I am an independent and locally run eyebrow microblading studio. This means I truly respect the time of my clients and of my own. Please consider this when booking. I greatly appreciate it and am so excited to help you on your self-care journey!